geoffrey's new haircut

so while my male friends were, i'm sure, huddled around flat screen t.v.s at sports bars around the country, i was at home throwing a haircut party. what's that? no no...you heard right. the thing is, my girlfriend has recently taken to calling me michael douglas. apparently my hair started to resemble michael douglas's hair from the movie Wall Street. well this was just to much to bare. it was one thing when she called me james spader hair (blaine from Pretty in Pink) but michael douglas from Wall Street??? so we had some people over and invited a hair-dresser friend of ours to come over and cut our hair. it was fun and it kept me from watching the horrifying red sox/indians game. we drank wine and talked about sextuplets, gender studies, why "tell me you love me" is the best show on television and basically had a blast. what's my point? oh yeah...we had this amazing bottle of inexpensive wine: 2005 La Corte, Salice Salentino from Puglia, Italy (the heel of the boot.) This is one of my favorite Italian wines at this price (around $12.) It's made from the Negroamaro grape and it has a really intense blackberry flavor. There's also notes of seamist, figs, earth and tobacco. so much complexity for such a bargain wine! try it with a spicy tomato sauce, grilled portabellas or chiicken cacciatore. we had it with pizza from santarpio's in East Boston (for my money the best pizza in the city.)

so i'm going to go look at myself in the mirror for a while and see if my haircut is too "Flock of Seagulls." remember the Keenan Vineyards Wine Dinner tonight at 7PM. Michael Keenan will be there and the wines are STUNNING! 617-542-5108 for reservations...

properly coiffed,
geoffrey